EASTNOR & DONNINGTON
Parish Clerk: Mrs J Chester, Mapleside, Ashperton, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 2RZ Tel: 01531 670036
email: firstname.lastname@example.org website:- https://eastnordonningtonparishcouncil.co.uk
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 3rd July 2018
Councillors D Brandt (DB), C George – (Vice-Chairman) (CG), S Howells (SH), C Layton (CL), Imogen Pudduck (IP) and S Roberts (SR)
Janet Chester – Parish Clerk
Members of the Public: 0
The Vice-Chairman Cllr George welcomed everyone to the meeting
1. Apologies for Absence
Cllr C Stallard-Daniels (other commitment)
At this point Cllr Brandt handed in his resignation and left the meeting. He was thanked for his time and effort as both councilor and chairman.
2. Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
Cllr Layton declared a disclosable pecuniary interest in agenda item 6a as the tenant
3. To Consider Approval of Minutes of Parish Council meeting held 8th May 2018
RESOLUTION: The minutes of the meeting were considered to be a true and accurate statement of what took place and were duly signed by the vice-chairman.
4. To Receive a Brief Report from Ledbury South Ward Councillor, Emma Holton
Ward Councillor Holton had advised she would attend but was not present and had not sent through a report.
RESOLUTION: As the Ward Councillor had not attended a meeting for over a year the clerk will ask her to send through a monthly report so that the parish council is aware of Herefordshire Council matters and encourage her again to attend a future meeting.
5. Public Participation Session for Local Residents to raise matters relevant to the Parish Council (Please note: Decisions cannot be made on items not on the agenda) This item to be limited at the discretion of the chairman
Members had received complaints from residents regarding the recent El Dorado festival being that it was constantly too loud, went on until 4am each night, cars were abandoned in the village because the parking arrangements on site were for the whole weekend and vehicles were not permitted to leave during the weekend and a lot of litter was left in the village.
RESOLUTION: The clerk will write to Eastnor Castle, El Dorado and Herefordshire Council outlining the complaints.
6. Planning: NB: no paper copies of applications are available to view at the meeting unless specified
a) To Consider Planning Applications referred for comment: (to be viewed online prior to the meeting)
182012 – 3 Hillend Cottages, Eastnor, Ledbury, Herefordshire HR8 1RF
Proposed internal alteration of outhouses, to create internal Utility/Shower Room.
RESOLUTION: The Parish Council have no objection to this application.
b) To Note Details of Decision Notices Received from Hereford Council: as per planning record
No new decisions reached.
7. To Adopt the following Policies for Eastnor & Donnington Parish Council
a) Standing Orders b) Code of Conduct c) Financial Regulations d) Donations/Grants Policy
e) Assets Register f) Risk Assessment Schedule g) Risk Management Policy h) Freedom of Information requests i) Complaints Policy j) Training & Development Policy k) Media Policy l) Social Media Policy
m) Communications Policy n) Equal Opportunities Policy o) Bullying & Harassment Policy
p) Health & Safety Policy q) Unacceptable Behaviour Policy r) Discipline & Grievance Policy
s) Policy for Planning Applications received between meetings
RESOLUTION: All above policies were adopted.
a) To Consider Appointing the clerk as GDPR Data Protection Compliance Officer
RESOLUTION: It was AGREED that the clerk be appointed GDPR Compliance Officer
b) To Note that ALL correspondence is to go through the clerk
RESOLUTION: Noted and AGREED.
a) To Appoint HALC Eastern Area Representative
RESOLUTION: It was AGREED that Councillor Stallard-Daniels be the HALC Eastern Area Representative.
a) To Review the Parish Council Insurance Policy and decide on any alterations required
RESOLUTION: It was AGREED that the current cover is adequate.
b) To Consider out sourcing Payroll Provision
RESOLUTION: It was AGREED to appoint Autela Group to provide payroll and pension services.
c) To Note Finance Report and Bank Balances
RESOLUTION: Noted. The Clerk is awaiting a bank statement to be forwarded by the former clerk.
d) To Consider Payments of Outstanding Accounts
000523: Eyelid Productions – Annual Website support £100.00
000524: J Chester – clerk salary June and expenses – as agreed
000525: D Fenwick – clerk salary and expenses May – as agreed
RESOLUTION: All above payments AGREED.
a) To Note Weekly Reports from Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
b) To Note any new Highway and Footpath Defects
A BT drain is still leaking on the pavement by the castle wall. Potholes in Donnington need repair. A depth gauge is required for Clenchers Mill.
RESOLUTION: The clerk will report the above defects.
12. Information Section / Correspondence / Discussion:
a) To Review Information and Outstanding Actions
The clerk will ask Cllr Smith where salt bins are required in Donnington
13. Reports: To receive any reports from meetings attended
The clerk has attended recent training on GDPR and End of Year Account Audit.
14. Training: To note any forthcoming training dates
None at present.
15. To Raise Items for next scheduled Parish Council Meeting (no discussion)
• Speaker on Crime Prevention – PC Paul Crumpton
16. To Decide Dates, Location and Time of Ordinary Meetings for the ensuing year
Tuesday 2nd October 2018 at Eastnor
Tuesday 7th February 2019 at Brooms Green
Tuesday 4th April 2019 – Annual Parishes Meeting at Eastnor
Tuesday 2nd May 2019 at Eastnor
All meetings to be held at 7.30pm
N.B. PUBLIC BODIES (ADMISSION TO MEETINGS) ACT 1960
Due to the confidential nature of the business to be transacted and pursuant to the above Act a resolution was passed to exclude the public and press during discussion of the following agenda items. The confidential nature being the consideration of employment matters.
17. To Consider Clerks Contract of Employment, Salary, Working Hours and Allowances
RESOLUTION: It was AGREED that the clerk is employed for four hours per week at SCP22, any extra hours to be agreed and paid accordingly. A quarterly home working allowance was also agreed to cover electricity, phone, space, heating and light. Mileage of 45p per mile was agreed. The clerk and Vice-chairman signed copies of the contract of employment.
The meeting was declared closed at 8.15pm
PARISH CLERK UPDATE
• Road defects reported to Locality Steward / Herefordshire Council via website
• Website updated
• Emma Holton Ledbury South Ward Councillor invited to attend next meeting
• Neil James, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward invited to attend next meeting
• Parish Council Policies prepared
• Planning Department contacted re extension on the return of parish council comments
• Website training undertaken
• GDPR Action Plan undertaken
• End of Year Accounts Audit requirements completed
• SLCC meeting attended – Guest Speaker, Crispin Taylor SLCC National Finance Advisor spoke about external audit, auto-enrolment, CIL, donations & grants etc
• Clerk / Chairman introduction meeting
GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
• Balfour Beatty – Weekly Locality briefings *
• A Bush, Herefordshire Council – Herefordshire Armed Forces Day *
• A Bush, Herefordshire Council – Invitation to Herefordshire Council Budget Consultation Wed 4th July 6.30pm Shire Hall, Hereford
* Circulated to Cllrs.
OUTSTANDING ACTIONS – These are the consolidated actions outstanding after the last meeting:-
DATE ACTION AGENDA ITEM
May 2018 RS / Clerk 10 New salt bin required in Donnington
May 2018 Clerk 10 Leaky Drain still problem at Eastnor
PLANNING RECORD – (last six months)
P174546/F – Planning Permission 4th December 2017
The Vineyards Donnington Ledbury Herefordshire HR8 2HY, Proposed extension to an existing grain store and general purpose storage building., Herefordshire Council Determination Made – Approved with Conditions 16.2.18
P182012/L – Listed Building Consent 1st June 2018
3 Hillend Cottages Eastnor Ledbury Herefordshire HR8 1RF, Proposed internal alteration of
outhouses, to create internal Utility/Shower Room. Herefordshire Council Valid
P180201/XA2 – PP – Approval of details reserved by condition 17th January 2018
The Old Rectory Upper Road Eastnor Ledbury Herefordshire HR8 1RB, Application for approval of details reserved by condition 5 attached to Listed Building Consent P143530/L. Herefordshire Council Determination Made – Approved 2.2.18
P174647/XA2 – PP – Approval of details reserved by condition 4th January 2018
Hillend House Eastnor Ledbury Herefordshire HR8 1RF, Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 3 & 4 attached to planning permission 173242. Herefordshire Council Determination Made – Approved 11.1.18
P174649/XA2 – PP – Approval of details reserved by condition 12th December 2017
Hillend House Eastnor Ledbury Herefordshire HR8 1RF, Application for approval of details reserved by condition as attached to planning permission 173243. Herefordshire Council Determination Made – Approved 11.1.18