Eastnor & Donnington Parish Council
Annual Parish Council Meeting
Held at 7.15pm on Tuesday 9th May 2017
At Eastnor Cricket Club
Present: Denis Brandt (DB), Robin Smith (RS), Shirley Roberts (SR), Caroline Layton (CL), Christine Stallard Daniels (CSD), Shane Howells (SH) and Christopher George (CG)
In attendance: Clerk and Jim Sandford (Eastnor Cricket Club)
1. Election of Officers
DB proposed as Chair by RS & SH. RS proposed as Vice Chair by DB & CSD. AGREED by all present.
2.To Consider the acceptance of apologies for absence from councillors.
Apologies accepted by Imogen Pudduck.
3. To receive declarations of interests and written requests for dispensations
4. Opportunity for speakers
5. To consider the adoption of the minutes of meeting 7th February 2017
Were considered and signed as a true and accurate record. AGREED
6.Notes reported back from Finance Meeting on 7th March 2017
Cheques signed off:
Zurich Insurance (premiums same as previous years) £253.00
Eastnor Cricket Club £10
Clerk Expenses £98.08
HMRC PAYE £110.20
Clerk Salary March
7. Completion of Annual Governance Statement for 2016/17
Sections 1 and 2 read out and AGREED by all present. Signed off by Chair and clerk.
Cheques presented for signature:
Clerk salary for May and June 2017
Clerk Expenses £67.99
Room Hire Eastnor Cricket Club £10.00
Petty Cash £30.00
Cheques AGREED by all and signed off
9. Approval of Annual Return and Accounts for 2016/17
Surplus for the year £126.88. Bank accounts balance £4264.38. Accounts AGREED by all. No issues raised by Internal Auditor.
10. Discuss road safety issues within Eastnor and Donnington
Potholes logged on Herefordshire Council system. Eastnor noticeboard difficult to access due to overgrown hedge.
11. Defibrillator Training on Monday 12th June 2017 7pm at Eastnor Cricket Club
Training course open to all whom would like to attend. Clerk and JS to contact local businesses, school etc to inform.
12. Review of meeting dates throughout year and not holding meeting in April
RS requested April meeting cancelled from schedule in future, as meetings are short. Clerk informed this would be considered bad practice as Annual Parish Council Meeting and Annual Parish Meeting should be held on separate dates. DB said not to change meeting schedule.
13. To Note Information Sheet
Police and Crime Commissioner requested attending future meeting. Clerk to arrange.
14. To note date of next meetings:
Tuesday 4th July 2017 – Broomsgreen Village Hall
Tuesday 12th September – Eastnor Cricket Club
Tuesday 14th November – Broomsgreen Village Hall
The Chairman closed the meeting at 7.50pm