- Eastnor and Donnington Parish Council has adopted the following policy:
- The maximum sum set aside each financial year for donations is to be agreed upon annually at the full Parish Council meeting in which the precept is set
- All applications for donations must be made in writing and submitted to the Clerk.
- All grant applications must be decided by a full parish council meeting.
- Eastnor and Donnington Parish Council must satisfy itself that the grant will benefit the area and a significant number of residents. Ideally there should be clear evidence of local need or demand for the proposed project / activity.
Each application must be accompanied by supporting documents:
Summary of the applicant’s accounts for the last financial year
Proposed project details including a breakdown of costings
Details of the applicant’s organisation, committee and meeting structure, appointed officers, etc. Councillors must feel confident that appropriate management mechanisms and financial controls are in place within the applicant’s organisation
Other funding sources / grants applied for in relation to the project concerned
- If the donation requests received exceed the grant monies available in a financial year, then councillors will target projects / donations which benefit as many people as possible within the parish.
DONATIONS / GRANTS CONDITIONS
- Grants will not be awarded to individuals.
- Grants will not be made retrospectively.
- Grants will not be awarded to fund activities of a political nature, nor activities considered to be the responsibility of the principal authority.
- Grants will not be awarded to organisations that make, or attempt to make, profit for the benefit of members or owners over and above revenue expenditure, e.g. running costs, staff costs, premises maintenance and general overheads.
- Organisations applying for a grant should be properly constituted, with appointed officers.
- Grants will be awarded on the assumption that other sources of income have been sought.
- Grants will only be considered accompanied by sufficient and appropriate documentation, including financial records. If there is insufficient documentary evidence the application will not be considered.
- If the organisation / body is unable to use the grant for the stated purpose, monies must be returned to Eastnor and Donnington Parish Council.
- The grant must be used for the purpose for which the application was made.
- Any applicant receiving a grant is required to acknowledge Eastnor and Donnington Parish Council’s contribution and explain how this will be done.
- All applicants receiving a grant must provide an End of Project Report, including a breakdown of expenditure, together with (copy) receipts within 3 months of the project completion. (Unless agreed otherwise, projects should be completed within 1 year of a grant offer).
- Failure to comply with the above may result in the rescinding of the grant and a request for its return.
- These conditions will be included in a letter offering a grant from Eastnor and Donnington Parish Council. The applicant must sign and return to the Parish Council, a copy of this letter, to indicate they will comply with the conditions, before the grant is issued.
- All grants are awarded at the Parish Council’s discretion. Eastnor and Donnington Parish Council’s decision is final and there is no right of appeal.